- Coordination of development (in the US but also globally)
- QGIS information: meetings, articles in GIS magazines, QGIS information on Twitter, GIS discussion boards
- Initialization of domain-specific interest groups and application modules (like waste-water, urban planning, surveying, etc.)
- Organization of the annual or bi-annual QGIS user meetings. Inaugural Meeting April 11th 2014
- Serve as a point of organization for regional meetups (held as Birds of a Feather type metings at regional GIS events)
- Join us and share your ideas!
Come Join Us.
Our Inaugural US User Group Meeting will take place
Friday, April 11, 2014 from 9 am - 6 pm
Location OpenGovHub in Washington, DC.
Register for this event on Meetup
- 8am - 9am Breakfast and Social
- 9am - 10am Introduction and Keynotes
- 10am - 11pm Presentations
- 11am - 12pm - Future of QGIS Discussion
- 12pm - 1pm Lunch
- 1pm - 4pm Workshops
- 5pm - Closing Discussion
- 5:30pm - Happy Hour
- 6PM - MapBox State of the Map Happy Hour (SOTM 2014)
Join us at another event near you ... or organize your own.
Generally interested in open source GIS?... not a QGIS user yet but want to join and help?
QGIS itself is developed by a team of dedicated volunteers and organizations. You can participate in support channels, bug reporting, improving documentation, creating tutorials, promoting use of QGIS and helping developers improve this community tool.
We Discuss Things Online. Join & Introduce Yourself.
Can't make it to a meetup? No problem. We collaborate on projects, ask for help, and post wins
to our Mailing List.
We welcome anyone to sign-up... you might just see something you're interested in helping with.
Want Even More Info? Subscribe.
Your can subscribe to our Mailing List and updates at Twitter. We want to hear from you!